Who We Are
A full service grocery store and co-op, featuring organic produce, raw milk, organic and grass fed meats, gluten free foods, bulk nuts and grains, kombucha drinks and more! Come visit us and enjoy the great, nutritious food in our deli!
How it all happened…
- 1993 David Harde and Toby Landis open Noah’s Ark Natural Foods
- 2008 David lists Noah’s Ark for sale
- 2008 Co-op planning started & core group formed
- 2009 Working in conjunction with Sierra College’s Small Business Consulting, a Letter of Intent along with detailed financial analysis is prepared to present to Noah’s Ark
- March 2010 Community meeting held at Cozmic Café with over 125 in attendance. Virtual unanimous agreement to go ahead with Placerville Natural Foods Co-op information and fund raising
- April 2010 First meeting of new Steering Committee. First official Placerville Natural Foods Co-op Newsletter emailed to over 200 potential members
- November 2010 Incorporation by the State of California
- Official naming of the Co-op when we reached 100 members
- October 29, 2011 Co-op opens!